India will soon issue its new 1 rupee note.
Live Mint reports these banknotes will be printed by the Ministry of Finance, unlike the other denomination notes which is printed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
The ministry announced details about the new note, including its design and security features:
- Dimensions: rectangular 9.7 x 6.3 cm, 110 microns thick, weighing 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter).
- Paper: 100 per cent (cotton) rag content.
- Watermark: Multi-tonal watermarks with Ashoka Pillar in the window without the words ‘सत्यमेव जयते (Satyamev Jayate), hidden numeral ‘1’ in the centre and the hidden word ‘भारत’ (Bharat) vertically arranged on the right-hand side.
- The Obverse side: the words “भारत सरकार‟ above the words “Government of India” with the bilingual signature of Shri Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Ministry of Finance and with the replica of New Rupee One coin with ‘₹’ symbol of 2020 issued with ‘सत्यमेव जयते‟ and capital Inset letter ‘L’ in numbering panel.
- Numbering: in black at right-hand bottom portion of the note in ascending size of numerals from left to right, while the first three alphanumeric characters (prefix) remains constant in size.
- The Reverse side: contains ‘भारत सरकार above the words “Government of India” with the year 2020 on the representation of the One Rupee coin with ‘₹‘ symbol having design of grains depicting the agricultural dominance of the country and the surrounding design consist of picture of ‘Sagar Samrat’ the oil exploration platform and with the authentic rendering of value in fifteen Indian languages in language panel with the year figure shown vertically between “Sagar Samrat” and language panel in international number.
- Colour: overall colour of One Rupee Currency note will be predominantly pink green on obverse and reverse in combination with others.
The Keesing Platform team brings you the latest in various fields, including security documents, security printing, banknotes, identity management, biometrics, blockchain, crypto technology and online onboarding.