The Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) will launch the new 20 leva banknote on 20 March.
This is the third banknote of the new series, according to BNB.
In general, there are no significant changes in the overall design of the banknote. The changes are related to the introduction of new security features.
These features include:
- an additional marking for the visually impaired – three thick and seven thin lines at an angle along the short sides of the banknote.
- a hologram line with the following optical effects:
- alternating images of a lion and an eagle, changing when the banknote is tilted;
- a coloured hologram portrait by Stefan Stambolov
- a stylised image of the Order of Courage
- images of a “crowned lion” with a dynamic effect and a 3D image of the number “20”.
- The new version contains a security thread in the paper
- This appears partially on the back, with a repeated light-colored text “БНБ 20” (BNB 20).
- The wire has a “fan-like” dynamic optical effect that shifts from green to blue.
- The image of the repeating text “БНБ 20” is visible on the front when the banknote is held up to the light.
- A high-resolution watermark consisting of a half-tone image of Stambolov’s portrait is seen when the banknote is held up to the light.
- The image can also be seen on the back of the banknote.
The previous 20 leva banknotes remain in circulation along with the banknotes issued in 2020, BNB said.
The Keesing Platform team brings you the latest in various fields, including security documents, security printing, banknotes, identity management, biometrics, blockchain, crypto technology and online onboarding.