The Central Bank of Peru is introducing a new family of banknotes, starting with the 10-soles and 100-soles notes issued on 22 July 2021. The new banknote family incorporates modern designs, new motifs and cutting-edge security features. The images portrayed in this series pay tribute to prominent figures from Peru’s 20th century sciences and humanities, as well as featuring the country’s varied flora and fauna. For the first time, the reverse side of the notes have a vertical orientation. Both notes also include registrations to help the blind identify the note’s denomination.
New 10-soles banknote:
The historic figure featured on this note is world-renowned Peruvian singer and songwriter María Isabel Granda y Larco.
Some of the key security features on this banknote include:
- Windowed security thread with moving figures, and color that shifts from violet to bronze and openwork text 10 BCRP. The thread is magnetic and thus machine-detectable.
- SPARK® Live security feature with color-changing ink that changes from violet to bronze; moving images can be seen in the background. There is also a fixed geometric design and the denomination in numbers.
- Latent image observed in a tangential position to a light source. Depending on the viewing angle, it will appear either dark or light.
New 100-soles banknote:
The images on this note honor Pedro Paulet, a Peruvian diplomat and scientist who was fascinated by aeronautics and who dreamed of flying to the moon.
Among the key security features of this banknote are:
- Windowed security thread with moving figures, and color that shifts from fuchsia to green and openwork text 100 BCRP. The thread is magnetic and thus machine-detectable.
- SPARK® Live security feature with color-changing ink that changes from fuchsia to green; moving images appear in the background. There is a fixed geometric design and the denomination in numbers.
- A watermark featuring the image of Pedro Paulet.
Both banknotes will circulate simultaneously with the current banknotes of their respective denominations.
Central Reserve Bank of Peru
The Keesing Platform team brings you the latest in various fields, including security documents, security printing, banknotes, identity management, biometrics, blockchain, crypto technology and online onboarding.