Angola’s new kwanza banknotes will go into circulation in the first half of the year.
The Bank of Angola (BNA) says recommendations were made to improve the image of Agostinho Neto – first president of the Southern African country – on the notes.
The new notes will no longer feature the image of former president José Eduardo dos Santos.
Banknotestreet reports that the introduction of the new notes – called 2020 series – will be gradual and the new notes – of values from 200, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000 kwanzas – have images depicting the Southern African nation’s natural wonders on them.
The natural wonders on the denominations are:
- Pedras Negras de Pungo a Ndongo (200 kwanza)
- Fenda de Tundavala (500 kwanza)
- Cordillera of the Central Plateau (1,000 kwanza)
- Serra da Leba (2,000 kwanza)
- Ruins of the Cathedral of Sao Salvador do Congo (5,000 kwanza)
- Caves of Zenzo (10,000 kwanza)
The Keesing Platform team brings you the latest in various fields, including security documents, security printing, banknotes, identity management, biometrics, blockchain, crypto technology and online onboarding.